Wednesday 16 May 2012

Donovan McNabb losing weight.


Donovan McNabb is losing weight and staying in shape in the hopes of playing again in the NFL. Andy Reid, who gave McNabb his NFL start, said Monday that he'd "highly recommend" teams give his former franchise quarterback another shot.
In an interview with the NFL Network, the Philadelphia Eagles coach said he'd tell inquiring teams, if they asked for his opinion, to "take him."
"I still think he can play. I think the world of him, and we had some great years together here. I'm always wishing him the best and a fan of his. I got a chance to see him at Brian Dawkins' retirement [event]," Reid told the NFL Network. "He looks good. He looks physically good. He looks like he could go out and play tomorrow. I would highly recommend [him]."
In his 11 seasons with the Eagles, McNabb led Reid's teams to five NFC title games and one Super Bowl appearance. He also was a six-time Pro Bowl selection.
His career has spiraled, however, since he was traded to the Washington Redskins before the 2010 season. The Minnesota Vikings, who acquired McNabb in a trade before the 2011 season, released him in December.
McNabb has been working out with noted quarterback tutor George Whitfield on the beaches of San Diego in an effort to stay in the shape needed to play quarterback in the NFL.
"I'm in great shape," McNabb told ESPN in a "SportsCenter" interview that aired Monday. "I've dropped 15, 20 pounds."
The 35-year-old McNabb, however, maintains he has always been in great shape.
"It's not really about [the weight loss]," McNabb told ESPN. "Because for me, people may have seen how strong I look. And they kind of equated that to 'he may be out of shape,' or whatever. But now that I'm lighter, people now all of a sudden say, 'Well, oh, now he's in shape.' "
McNabb said he is open to playing with any NFL team.
"I have a list. A full list, of 32," he said.



No comments:

Post a Comment